Friday, September 28, 2012

God never performs His greatest feats in your yesterday!


Recently my hands landed on one of those E.L James’ books, the first one of the trilogy. I had searched for this particular one for a while and had given up. On one of my errands while I waited for a client over lunch, comes a guy selling books, movies, discs all this in a suitcase (what he carried was wayyy bigger than a briefcase) and there, there was my 50 Shades of Grey! Now the search for Darker and Freed continuesJ…anyone??

I hooked myself up with a few more books, among which, is what I want to share with you today as we go about our everyday. I know from time to time, we all need someone to stop you and say, hey! It is well, God’s gatchuJ
One of my favorite men in the world-Joel Osteen, what a wonderful, wonderful man of God he is! Among his titles-Become a Better You. I know what you are thinking; yeah…yeah one of those self righteous books-Juice yourself slim in 3 days, Billionaire in 1 day…Blah, blah!! No my dear, Become a Better You is simply reminding you of how much potential you are full of, all you have to do is keep stretching to the next level…

I’ve discovered that God likes to outdo Himself. He wants to show His favor in your life in greater ways today than He did yesterday. He wants you to be more blessed tomorrow than you are today. He intends for you to have a greater impact on the world than you have had. That means if you’re a teacher, you haven’t taught your best lesson yet. If you are a businessperson, you haven’t negotiated your best deal yet. If you are a builder, you haven’t built your best home yet. It’s time to get your hopes up; enlarge your vision and get ready for the new things that God has on the horizon. Your best days are not behind you. They are in front of you.

But if this going to happen, we have to keep pressing forward, stretching ourselves. Get rid of low expectations. Don’t make little plans for your life. Don’t have little dreams. Don’t go around thinking, everybody gets good breaks except me. I’ve reached my limits. I’ll probably never get this promotion. I don’t know why I am not as talented as that person.

No, get rid of that defeated mind-set. You are a child of the Most High God. God has breathed His life into you. He planted seeds of greatness in you. You have everything you need to fulfill your God given destiny. God has already put in the talent, the creativity, the discipline, the wisdom, and the determination. It’s all in you!

Joel Osteen-Become a Better You.

Be kind to one anotherJ

2 comments:

  1. 50 shades of grey ....ahhhhh reminds me of the days when Sydney Sheldon, Daniel Steel, Jackie Collins were the novelist of the day... Now 50 shades definitely my cup of tea....

    Joel Osteen, I like - i like , you have given me a mini sermon here ....

    Be kind to yourself my dear ..have a great weekend..- less than a week and still counting:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehhn E.L James is something else lately, wonder where she's been all my life;-)

      you are very welcome doll!. Mnwhile it's a new week and the countdown is literally going downnn!..

      Delete